strange sounds in my R/T CC

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jun 17 1998 - 09:45:23 EDT

Hi all -

I've had my CC R/T for about a week and a half now and I only have a couple
probs .

The first thing that I noticed was that when I got the truck , it only had
about 25 miles on it and it was noticably out of alignment . Probably from
whoever drove it before me , but I just wondered if anyone else noticed the
same .

The main thing that I have a question on is this .

I notice that whenever I am going over an uneven surface that makes the
truck kinda twist in a different direction on each end (like when you turn
right and enter a driveway or parking lot that slopes up from the road) ,
I hear a loud clunking against the floor of the truck .

It sounds almost as if the exhaust system is being flexed to a point where
it is actually slapping the floor of the truck . I am not totally sure
that's what it is , but it seems to be the only reasonable answer since I
haven't had a chance to have the dealer check it out .

Anyone else had this problem ?
Jack Hilton

'98 CC R/T "Black Death"