Re: steel cowl induction hoods

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Fri Jun 19 1998 - 15:17:15 EDT

#
W. Jack Hilton III wrote:

> #
>
> I just got an e-mail from Prestigious that says they are going to have a
> steel cowl induction hood for the '98 Dakota .
>
> They also told me that the steel hood is lighter than a fiberglass hood .
>
> How in the hell do they figure that ?
> Jack Hilton
>
> '98 CC R/T "Black Death"

I wouldn't doubt the steel could be lighter than the 'glass hood.
Depends on the 'glass construction. A flimsy one might come in lighter,
but a well built, properly reinforced job can weight quite a bit.

Prestigious says they are just reselling the Reflection hood. Couldn't
give me an availability date.

Bob