Computer is in, but too hot to test

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 21 1998 - 17:15:30 EDT

Hi all
Well I FINALLY got my computer in the 96 Dak on wednesday, and was so ready to
hit the strip Saturday. Doesnt it figure, we are in a heat wave!!! It was 108
deg. at 3pm, and climbing. The humidity was also on the rise. No sence in
trying to run in those conditions. I cant tell you if the truck is faster or
not. (at this point I need the strip) It does wrap into the red really nicely
though, and it seems to shift better. Not sure if this is just my imagination
or if it is a firmer shift. It used to get up to the redline and mush into
the next gear, but when I took it out to the off track qtr mile (industrial
park) and ran a few times. WOW, without preheating the tires the Dak just sat
and spun for a few seconds. Anyway, after the launch (I backed up and
restarted) it flew into the red, and without hesitating it firmly banged into
2nd, and 3rd. I crossed the mark at the end and looked quickly at the speedo.
I think it said 93, which is 4mph faster than before. But before I go shooting
my big mouth, I will get some track results.

Does ayone out there know if the OBD2 as anything to do with the auto trans?
or is it all in my mind.
George