Re: Open Element Air Cleaners: The ongoing adventure

From: Yukon Net (csavard@yukon.net)
Date: Mon Jun 22 1998 - 13:19:28 EDT

Well guys,
    In the ongoing adventures of an FABM vs stock air filter, here are my
latest results. ( running 10" X 2 1/4" paper element ) So raf the
performance HAS increased but the milage around town just SUCKS!! I have
been driving very calmly ( resisting the almost overpowering urge to make
sucking sounds by tromping it ) and the temperature is an average of 70
outside here on a hot day. I may be starving it aboit, but I have a K&N 2 &
a half inch filter due in on Friday. I dont know if the loss in milage is
due to OBDII adjusting itself or if I'm starving the engine for air or what.
Any ideas ?

Also, I noticed that my AC pump cycles on if the settings are just on
regular air for the winshield. It doesnt come on if I have the air directed
to the passangers or feet. I dont really like the thought of running the AC
pump during the winter monts at 40 below. I think I will put a cut off
switch under my dash to disable the AC pump completely.

Regards 'all

Chris
98 Red Sport 4X4, Tire package, skid plates, 3.55 rear end, 318, 5 spd