Re: RE: K&N 14 inch for Dak

From: Scott May (scott@digital-marketplace.net)
Date: Mon Jun 22 1998 - 16:15:25 EDT

I put the K&N FIPK on my '98 last week. Put almost 800 miles on it
during vacation. I am pleased. I would have to look at the number
on the box, but I think that is right.

The '98 requires that you replace the S bolt with a 3 1/2" 1/4-20
carriage bolt. I used a 4" and dremeled it for a perfect fit.
I also grabbed an extra nylock nut rather than re-using the stock one.
Tight fit in the rear, but will fit fine. The radiator hose rests
against the bottom of the filter, but does not restrict coolant flow
in any way.

Just my opinion, but for me (non-dragger) ease of installation and
lack of modifications, I would recommend spending the extra few
bucks.

Wondering if anyone has tried the K&N X-Stream? How rigid is it?

Scott May
Upstate NY