Re: Cowl vs. Snout was: Open Element Air Cleaners

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 15:04:27 EDT

At 04:33 AM 6/23/98 , you wrote:

><< I'm going cowl all the way. Anyone know of a place that sells
> em'? Cheap?
> >>
>You do know that if you go only cowl, that all youre doing is exiting some of
>the hot air and not taking in any cool air right? Cowl creates an
aerodynamic
>vacuum at the base of your front glass and sucks out the hot air. Thats why
>Im doing both on the same hood. Two scoops for cool direct air and the cowl
>to suck out the hot stuff!!
>Eric

Far be it for me to question someone who (probably) knows more about this
than I do, but can this be right? If cowl induction only exits under hood
air and doesn't take anything in, how come NASCAR racers all use cowl
induction?

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed