From: Bob Mankin (
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 16:41:09 EDT

Rader wrote:
> > Just for the sake of clarity, since most people here know FIPK as the round
> > type K&N, why not call the newer cone/tube type FITK (Fuel Injection Turbo
> > Kit)?
> Because K&N themselves don't distinguish the various types of FIPK. Many
> people seem to be confusing the round open-element FIPKs for the pre-'97 Dakotas
> with the plenum and cone-element FIPKs that are built for late-model Mustangs,
> etc.(quite possibly for '97+ Daks, nobody has confirmed).

K&N does not yet have a kit for the 97+ Dakotas. The kit suggested on
the list(#1503) is actually intended for the full size Ram.
When I spoke with K&N earlier today, they didn't even have an ETA for
release of a kit specifically for the new DAK. "Call us every couple of
months" was their answer. Yeah, lemme mark that one on my calender, Bud.

Obviously not much interest there, at least with the guy I spoke to.


This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Jun 20 2003 - 12:08:58 EDT