RE: Open Air Cleaners: Some temp. Measurements

From: Rhyner, Mark (RhynerM@emh1.hqisec.army.mil)
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 19:16:25 EDT

W. Jack Hilton III wrote:

> I don't even wanna know what the under-hood temp is in traffic in
Atlanta
> at this time of year . The outside temp has been around 95 to 98 for
the
> past couple weeks here . Would that make the under-hood temp like a
> million-billion degrees ?

Jules writes:
all else = where VE not = 100% cfm over density!!!

Sorry Jules, I'm usually not this dense or slow (or so I would like to
think) but I don't get what you're saying.

I'm trying to follow how that stuff relates to the high temp under the
hood? Are you saying all else being equal that CFM is more important
than air density?

Just trying to get a handle.

Mark R
93 5.2Magnum, CC, LE, slushbox, pigeon hauler
Experientia Docet