Re: 3.9 to 5.2

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 19:54:03 EDT

>From what I understand, it's a direct swap. The tranny will bolt right
up, and you can keep your accesories. You'll probably need a beefier
radiator and alternator, and beef up the engine mounts too. You should
probably start saving for a tranny cuz' you'll fry the V6 one in a week
or two, or so I've heard. Good luck! I want to do this, but $$$ is
standing in the way as of now...maybe someday!

-mike d.

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

Bee Ee Ay eSs Tee Iye Ee !!!
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:42:16 -0400 "W. Jack Hilton III"
<hemi@mindspring.com> writes:
>>From what I've seen , the 3.9 is basically a 318 with two cylinders
>lopped
>off the front of it . I don't know for sure , but I would guess that
>the
>mounts are the same as well and maybe even the trans bellhousing
>pattern .
>

>At 01:26 PM 6/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>Has anyone ever converted their 3.9 to the 318? Is thier a kit on
>the
>market to
>>but to do it? Thanks, Matt

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]