FABM/FIPK

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 20:45:28 EDT

Ron,
!. Don't confuse reality with clarity. I KNOW what K&N call's 'em, I was
suggesting a protocol for use here on the list.
2. The 1503 FIPK fits the 97/98 Daks just fine (same used for the full
sized Ram)14" round FIPK

Gary

> Just for the sake of clarity, since most people here know FIPK as the
round
> type K&N, why not call the newer cone/tube type FITK (Fuel Injection Turbo
> Kit)?

  Because K&N themselves don't distinguish the various types of FIPK. Many
people seem to be confusing the round open-element FIPKs for the pre-'97
Dakotas
with the plenum and cone-element FIPKs that are built for late-model
Mustangs,
etc.(quite possibly for '97+ Daks, nobody has confirmed).