FABM 10" X 3 K&N Results

From: Yukon Net (csavard@yukon.net)
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 22:03:27 EDT

Well, the 5.2 LOVES the new K7N filter!!!! It runs much better than with the
2" paper filter. The noise it makes id much louder & I get a noticable tromp
out of the gas pedal now. Had to replace the bolt to hold the cover down
 Luckily the inexpensive 10" filter kit I bought cam ewith one ).

The down side is ... milage SUCKS !!! I am getting milage like I would get
in 4X4 full time at 40 below zero. Has anyone else found the drop in milage
with a setup like mine? I am wondering if I should disconnect the battery &
let the OBDII re-calibrate itself ( if thats what you have to do ) or
something else. Any ideas ?

Now, onto the cool air Vs CFM problem. Up in Canada's Yukon Territory hot
days are few & far between. I did take a look at where the stock air cleaner
was getting its air & guess what ??!!?? There is no direct flow of air from
the front of the truck !!! It has to suck the air form the side of the
fender before it even hits the stock filter !! Its a miracle that the poor
little 5.2 could even breath if left stock !!! Anyone else agree with the
poor coice Chrysler made with placement of the stock air induction ?

Later all'

Chris Savard
98 5.2 4X4, red, FABM ( 10X2.5"), skid plates, tire package, brushguard &
bug deflectors.