Re: Air Cleaner Cover (Matt)

From: Mike Catlin (Catlin@erols.com)
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 22:17:50 EDT

> Matt wrote:
> I was looking at the "Jiffy Pop Ram Air" and I saw the Mopar air
> cleaner cover on your truck. I think that it kicks ass and I am planning
> on doing a FABM next week. I was wondering where you got the mopar
> advertizing cover? Do you have a part #? How much?
>
> Thanks a bunch!
> Matt

Matt,
I got it from my Dodge dealer although you can order it
through Summit a little cheaper. I also ordered the K & N
filter for it although it's a little small in the diameter
by about a 1/4" but it works. The sound is great but it
sucks some pretty hot engine air. You need to some how get
fresh air to it since I did my Kenmore induction I have noticed
a big difference although no track times yet. Bottom line
is looks great, sounds great but you need to get cold air to
it. Here are the part #s

Air Cleaner-----#P5249807 list $64.75
K&N Filter------#P5249011 list $43.00

Mike Catlin