Re: rattle under truck

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jun 24 1998 - 09:56:47 EDT

Those are the hamsters under the hood fighting .

No , really , I had a '94 with the punched 2.2 (2.5) and I drove a LOT of
hiway miles on it (like 50K a year) and I would always drive it about 85 to
90 MPH . I noticed that it was an extremely noisy engine at any speed , but
at high speed like that , it seemed to be vibrating so much that I knew
someday it would disintegrate . Well , it never did , and I traded it on
my new R/T CC about three weeks ago .

All I can tell ya is that unless this is something that all the sudden
showed up , it may just be a loud engine or maybe it's gettin' ready to let
go . I always used Havoline synthetic in mine cuz all the guys that worked
at the Dodge dealership told me that the 2.5 was only good for about 80K
miles before they usually need a rebuild . Mine had about 150K when I
traded it and it ran as if it were new .

At 09:13 AM 6/24/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I have 92 Dak w/ "magnum" 4 and 5 spd. At highway speeds in the gas it is
okay, but when
>I let off, it sounds like a helicopter under the hood. Can find NOTHING
loose or capable
>rattle. The noise is stereophonic, i.e. it moves from side to side. And
it is up front.
>Also, anyone else have paint problems? Any solutions to either,
especially the rattle?

>Randy

Jack Hilton

Black '98 R/T Club Cab