Re: Cowl vs. Snout was: Open Element Air Cleaners

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 24 1998 - 19:37:23 EDT

<< My challenger had a cowl induction scoop (home made) that pulled
 hot air and exhaust (from header leaks...) out of the engine compartment and
 into the passenger compartment via the cold air inlet grill. You could kill
 yourself without hitting anything... Once It was sealed to the aircleaner
 it worked to pull cold air in and fixed the gas chamber effect, but whether
 there was any ram effect or not is highly debateable. If youve got wind
 tunnel experience on the Dak then YOU are the MAN when it comes to cold air
 induction design. Any bootleg pics of the Dak in the tunnel? >>

Sealing the cleaner to the hood makes sense, and I apologize for asuming
otherwise. Sorry! Only car experience in the wind tunnel! No Daks!!
Eric