Cold air

From: mbm (mbm@totcon.com)
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 11:31:52 EDT

Scott,

>I think we may be going the wrong way with the open element
air cleaners. We need to put more of the Dakota List Engineering
Dept. effort into sucking cold air from the front end of the truck
>or the cowl.

I'm not sure if this helps as this is on a Durango not a DAK
but the sheet metal is the same (I think)...I eliminated
the stock airbox but left the TB *hat* and rubber hose.
I blocked off the *hole* in the inner fenderwell (above the
SBEC) with a piece of lexan.
I attached a piece of PCV to the rubber hose and ran
this through the lexan to an area inside the fenderwell.
I then attached a K&N cone filter to the end of the PVC.
This set-up effectivley blocks the engine compartment
heat from entering the fenderwell and gives you
a source of cooler air.

I am going to try the ram air set-up and see what
kind of difference I see.

Hope this helps.

Mike Marx
'98 Durango