Re: DML:underhood temp meas (14

From: Garth Turner (garth_turner@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 17:34:59 EDT

Scott wrote:
>...The sensor (about the size
of a Tylenol caplet) is actually attached to my s-bolt with a wire-tie.<
Sounds like a good location. I'll try that this weekend.

>Driving around, my air cleaner temps ranged from 135F to over 150F with
the
A/C on. That means the Dak was sucking in air that was heated up to 70
degrees over the ambient air temp.<
I'll post my temps with the Proglass ram air hood this weekend, time
permitting.

>These setups look good but I'm not sure that I could fit a 14 x 3 air
cleaner under the hood on my truck.<
While not the prettiest thing in the world I have modified a 14" FIPK
(didn't know about FABM versions at the time) to fit my 97 3.9 -
reshaped housing and filter into a "D." More for the large air box with
a 12-13" hole.

>p.s. I don't want to hear any guff from you folks in Arizona. It's
hotter here when it's 90F than when it's 109 in Arizona.<
I hear ya. I worked in Kentucky for a while 3 miles from the Mississip.
Very wet, very hot.

New member intro:

My name is Garth Turner and I have been really enjoying you fellow DAK
enthusiasts for a couple months. I guess an intro is late in coming. I
live in San Luis Obispo, CA half-way between SF and LA. At age 31 I
found myself buying my first new vehicle and was long over due for a
great pickup. So on Dec 30, 1996 I purchased a bare bones (zero
whistles) 97 flame red Sport CC 4x2 V6 3.55 Auto at Crown Dodge, Oxnard
CA. Took me 2 weeks of phone calls and Internet searches to find a
stripped one.

Well after having it for 6 months a little demon perched upon my should
and whispered these words, "I'll just change a few things."

So far performance mods include (as the list below suggest - I am single
and on the Paycheck Lite Diet):

ProGlass/Keystone functional ram air hood connected to FIPK on the
Holley V8 TB on my 3.9 (still need to polished TB and open up manifold
at TB for smooth flow)

180 stat and water wetter and modified upper rad hose to clear air box

Steel pulleys w/ stock Alt pulley and new Gates belt (CC OEM seemed to
stretch a little and be less tacky)

Gibson muffler with custom dual 3 1/2" tips

Mopar ign wires

Mobil 1 and HD filters always

Centerline Sabers:16x7's (225/55) and 8's (255/50) - absolute perfect
fit with edge of body

Western Chassis shackle/hanger mounts and coils w/ Doestech shocks (love
'em, but required shimming - goofy CC) - Listen to Gary guys - Dodge
rivets are a bitch even with all the air tools!No trouble codes so far!

Stripped off all vinyl (natural aversion to cluttered graphics) and
added V10 emblems (weeds out the non-serious challengers)

Future plans:

Definately headers - bugging the crap out of Jardine to hurry up with
their R&D on the 97 V6. They have the cross over left, but are short 2
R&D people this summer. Planned production for August. Mopar has
cancelled planned production for their advertised 96 V6 headers. Anyone
know who was going to produce these for CC?

Polish intake manifold and tack on splash shield

Crower 1.6 rollers (still debating on 1.7 ratio and Mopar springs)

3.90 rear

Maybe electric fans - any ideas on using an empty 15-20 amp circuit
already wired up? Fog lights, A/C, other? Maybe additional battery

Thanks for listening,
Garth