RE: Summit magnetic oil pan drain plug

From: Rhyner, Mark (RhynerM@emh1.hqisec.army.mil)
Date: Fri Jun 26 1998 - 11:16:40 EDT

You know you can magnetize a regular drain plug.

Been a long time since I monkeyed with magnetizing anything (25 -30
years) but it works.

Jon writes: I didn't find any metal on the plug, not even any
grit or dust, so that was a good thing anyway. (Well, either
my engine is OK, or the magnet wasn't strong enough to pull
and hold the particles). I re-installed my stock plug, and
that's what I'll use from now on. I think maybe I'll go back
to my original idea of an oil filter magnet.