Re: oil weights

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Jun 26 1998 - 16:09:33 EDT

At 03:48 PM 6/25/98 , you wrote:

>I live in NW Indiana where we have all 4 seasons, from extreme heat, as it
was
>today(97 degrees)

Isn't that cute....leave it to a yankee to think 97 constitutes "extreme"
heat. Here in North Central Texas it was 107 today (and no it's definitely
NOT a dry heat). <flame retardant underwear engaged because of the "yankee"
comment> :)

>I am curious though for those who run full synthetic in your Dak engines,
>first off ,how long have you used synthetic for???? Have you ever had the
>common problem associated with synthetic that it leaks through the seals?

Never had that problem in my Dak (I use Castrol Syntec 10W30). I did,
however, encounter that problem when I put Mobile1 5W30 in my wife's
Voyager van. I figured it was because it had been run for 40K miles with
dino oil first though. Luckily it was still under warrantee.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed