Re: oil weights

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 16:48:10 EDT

I use Castrol 10W-30 in my 93 Dakota V6 4x4 since I bought it with 13,000
miles on it, it now has 90,000 and runs the same it did when I bought it. I
also use Amsoil 80W-90 Synthetic in my front and rear differential. I use
Amsoil Synthetic ATF in my transfer case. I also every other fill up use 1-2
ounces of Amsoil PI Gas Additive.
I live in NW Indiana where we have all 4 seasons, from extreme heat, as it was
today(97 degrees), to some darn cold temps that can get down to -50 with the
windchill. I love Castrol Oil and wouldn't really ever care to run synthetic
in my engine since I change oil and Fram filter every 2,800-3,000 miles.
I am curious though for those who run full synthetic in your Dak engines,
first off ,how long have you used synthetic for???? Have you ever had the
common problem associated with synthetic that it leaks through the seals?
Thanks......