Re: Chrysler / Mercedes

From: DakDayShby@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 26 1998 - 22:06:27 EDT

When I was stationed in Europe 1987 - 1991, I purchased my Dodge Daytona
Shelby thru AAFES on base there. Low and behold on a journey into down town
Mannheim I see this car IDENTICAL (was red, and no T-Tops) to my Shelby inside
of a dealer (Jeep) show room ...one of the "show off cars"...and it was named
the Chrysler GS Turbo II. The salesman freaked when I walked him outside to
see my black Daytona Shelby, and wanted to buy it immediately (it only had
2200 or so miles on it) because he could not get that vehicle in Europe with
T-Tops. I think he said they where illegal. He said I would profit off of the
sale, and so would he...because Herman the German loves T-Top vehicles. I
neglected to sell...and he had me up to $4,000 profit on the car (he would of
made a hellofalot more) if I would sell NOW. I did not...besides was having to
much fun on the autobahn...racing small BMW...and blowing there doors in.

Fastest I had the car up to on the Autobahn you ask ??? Had her all the way
up to "H".

Boy...miss those Bratwurst...and GOOD German Beer

Look on the bright side...maybe they hold SDAC...or Mopar National in der
Fatherland in the future.

Michael

1989 Shelby Dakota
1989 Daytona Shelby