Re: new-headers

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 28 1998 - 00:59:07 EDT

In a message dated 6/27/98 10:11:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
bruces@idworld.net writes:

<< Also I was wondering which headers I should get for my truck? I have seen
 them from Doug Thorley, Edelbrock, and Gibson. Which ones would be best?
 Also I have heard about changing the Y-pipe and catalytic converter for
 more flow. Should this be done? What is envolved in changing the y-pipe?
 I would appreciate any help. >>

In the immortal words of Bruce Willis "Welcome to the party pal"

I installed a set of Gibson shortys on my 96. They bolted right up. (believe
it or not) I didnt have to do anything to the Y pipe, other than unbolt the
old manifolds. From what I understand, there isn't much difference in HP or
torque between all the header manufacturers for our trucks. So I chose the
easy way.
George