Re: dakota no performance

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 28 1998 - 12:15:56 EDT

<< This truck is real dog!!! The engine stops pulling at around 4700 rpm
 and will hardly make it to the rev limiter >>

Im not sure, but I think that the 180 therm is the lowest Id go. The 160 seems
to low to me, the computer will help a lot, but it seems to me that you need
more intake. Try the throttle body mod that has been going around the DML.
That will help you out a lot seeing that you have the K&N and the cat back. I
wasnt happy with my 3.90 gear so I went to the 4.10 so I can imagine the 3.55
isnt a grin maker! Im thinking of going to the 4.30 if Jules has them. How
bout the pulleys, do you have them? I only know my truck, but my peak HP is
from about 2800 to 4800, I dont think Id push it to the rev limiter, but the
computer elimanates the limiter anyway.
Hope that helps, but there are more knowledgeable DML'ers out there than me.
You came to the right place for per4mance help!!