Air Filter Housing Mod?

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 29 1998 - 17:49:17 EDT

I was thinking today at work about all this talk lately about the
differences, pros and cons of cold air versus warm air. I have a question
that possibly could be a worthy mod, but I would like some imput on this.
First off, I am thinking about this mod with the old style stock round
air filter and round metal air filter housing. I already and running a
Amsoil Air Filter and I sealed the air duct to to metal housing with
sealant, both of which I noticed a nice improvement in acceration and
overall performance. Well now that I have the high flow filter and the
duct is sealed, I have all the cold air I need coming into my Dak.
NOW how about this......for the source of warm air from the engine
bay/compartment, I was thinking about drilling maybe 1/2 inch holes around
the side of the housing all the way around, maybe smaller, maybe larger
holes, not too sure yet. But does anyone think by drilling these holes
that this could create more air flow into the engine resulting in some
gains???? So whatcha think, is this a very pointless daydreaming mod or
might this acutally be worth doing?????
Any input would I wold appreaciate. THANKS
Kyle