Re: dual or catback(attn:ERIC)

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 30 1998 - 00:27:05 EDT

<< I am
 more concerned with getting the most bang for my truck and dual sounds like
 the way to go.
         I do have one question though. When I go dual do I have to get it made at
 a muffler shop or is there anywhere that I can get a dual exhaust kit?

    I really dont know if there is a kit. Im calling Borla tomorrow from work
to see if they offer anything like that since Im going with there Headers I
think.
    When I first had this system set up it was at a muffler shop, and the guy
did the whole thing from the manifold back including fabbing up an H pipe for
my O2 sensor
for 225. Sound good? I brought my own mufflers though!! Here lies the
problem!
I cant find the mufflers that I have on there now, so Im going to have to shop
around and see who I can get them from or something similar. I may have to go
with a totally new set up, and Im going to figure out what I want not the guy
hanging the pipes!! I plan on spending about a grand for a new exhaust.
Theres a place in Taylor Mi that quoted me a price of 450 for a complete
exhaust from the headers back including the mufflers and installing my headers
( that I will buy elsewhere ). And that 450 bucks gets you a totally
stainless exhaust system (true duals), H pipe, Mufflers ( that they will
interchange until were both happy ) and installation of headers.