Re: dual or catback(attn:Patrick)

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 00:14:42 EDT

<< Patrick, Thanks for the great info. I really probably is more reasonable
 to go with the cat back and headers. >>

Make sure you address the Y-pipe. Maybe have a muffler shop get the dimensions
and then order the mandrel bent turns ... I'm sure someone has a good one
already fabricated .. maybe see if doug thorley, or borla will sell you theirs
(if you should run a shorty header, if you buy one like a DT or Borla, n/mind
this)

<< One quick question. Is it better to use the stock catalytic
converter or should I go with a high flow one? >>

High flow cats do help, but they don't flow as much as no cat.:).. after the
headers, you might want to keep your stock catalytic converter just to retain
some low end torque ... unless you're really going wild, you don't want the
exhaust to flow too much .. :)

ttyl
patrick