Re: 5-Speed Gearing (highway racing)

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Thu Jul 02 1998 - 03:28:01 EDT

> I had the same experience!! I was racin this Z on 75 out by Auburn Hills and
> he decides to start playing Indy! He's weavin in and out of traffic to keep
> up so I just
> backed out before he got someone killed and us both in prison!! Yikes!!
> Eric

Ahhh, 75, brings back fond memories....of tons of potholes
and painfully slow commutes downtown to work.
Oh, but they did finally repave part of it after I was there for a
few months.

I was, however, impressed with the condition of 696. I could
go from Royal Oak toward the Wayne County airport at Mach Three.
Now *that* is a piece of road (696).

You Michiganders should come to Wisconsin sometime on your
vacations and drive on our Interstate system. The whole thing
is as smooth as glass when compared to the roads in MI.
Especially I-94 near Milwaukee, they are repaving the eastbound
side coming in Milwaukee this summer. Westbound side was
done last summer whilst I was away.

Smooth blacktop from Milwaukee all the way to the far corner
of the state heading toward Minneapolis.

-Scott :^)