Re: was I wrong in not racing?

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Fri Jul 03 1998 - 12:36:15 EDT

> My whole reason is, if there was to be an accident and the kid became injured,
> or killed I dont know how I could have lived with myself. I want all of your
> honest opinions on this matter, cause it is really starting to bother me that
> I didn't do it.
> George :-{ )

 George:

Good call on not tromping the loud pedal when it came time to go.
Any type of accident, no matter how small to us 'big people', could
be very dangerous to the baby in the car seat. Plus that car has
about as much metal in it as the average go cart.

Didn't anyone else see this moron and try to stop him before he even
got to the starting line?

There was a news article I read last week about a baby that was
killed *by an airbag* in a front-end collision involving a truck.
The baby was in the front seat in a rear-facing child seat. The ole
air bag came out during the collision and that was the end of that.

They didn't list the make of the truck but I'm guessing Chebby since
the article mentioned that it was a "1997 truck with airbag cutoff
switch" and the Dodges didn't have those switches in '97.

-Scott