Re: Speedo adjustment when changing rear gears

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 04 1998 - 04:47:10 EDT

<< My dakota has 3.55 rears and I am going to go to 3.90 or 4.10,
 What do I need to do to get the speedo to read accurately after the
 switch >>

Call your local Dodge (truck!) dealership and tell them what you're planning
on doing.

I went from a 3.55 to a 4.10 and was unsure what speedo gear I needed, so I
called Thorton Dodge, here in Venice FL, and told them what tire mfg, size,
etc ... and he somehow spit a number out for the new gear that's close enough
for me ..

changing the gear (in an auto tranny) is no big deal .. one bolt (7/16 if
memory works right, I had to change mine in the dirt the other night.. :( )
and the old assembly slides out .. swap the gears and put it back in .. just
remember how the bracket on the outside fits when you reassemble everything ..
not much fluid loss at all, not enough to worry about refilling atleast ..

ttyl
patrick