Re: Speedo adjustment when changing rear gears

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 04 1998 - 13:43:05 EDT

<< How is freeway driving at lets say from 50 to 70mph. When at 70 is there
 faster acceleration with the 410?
 I know launching out of the gate is faster but what about top end and
 passing power.

 Joel

The truck pulls harder all the way around... The speed is limited to 115 mph
anyway, and at 5200 rpm (rev limiter) in the top of 3rd is around 100-105 ..
once I get the rev limiter straightened out I should be able to hit 115 in 3rd
before having to shut down ... I'll never go that fast through the traps
(atleast while the truck is computer controlled) anyway so 4.10 will suffice .
:)

The 4.10s make driving much more pleasurable.. no more lugging the motor,
takes less gas to pass, less frequent downshifts, etc ... the tradeoff is
slightly higher cruise rpms ...

ttyl
patrick