Re: Check engine light on

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 02:09:36 EDT

victorylane@iwaynet.net writes:

<< I just got done modifying my thottle body on my 98 v8 dakota, now the
 engine light is on!!!!
 how do find out how to get the trouble codes??
 I don't think the dealership will be any help since I have modified the
 throttle body changed air cleaner put a shift kit in trany and have a 3"
 exhaust. >>

Did you disconnect the battery? If not there is your problem. Unhook the neg
lead and let it sit for about an hour, then hook it back up. The computer
needs to reset itsself into the learn mode again.
That is what I was told to do, when installing my MPI TB and got no codes
after reinstalling.
George