Re: Check engine light on

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 09:23:59 EDT

If you still have the check engine light after disconnecting for 20 min. then
drive it for awhile, stock computers cycle (adapt) slower than the MP comp.
It may take a day or two if you dont drive it much. I had this prob when I
put on my FIPK. The engine ran rich for about 40 miles then it seemed to lean
out or at least smelled that way from the pipes.
Anyways, after driving for awhile disconnect your battery again and see what
happens.