Re: Re: Factory Paint

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 15:16:01 EDT

"Used up the paint warranty" ????

Ya know, we let Chrylser walk all over us.

My blue 92's roof was peeling and I took it back to the dealer and demanded
it be repainted for free...I said
"Paint aint supposed to peel offa the truck after only a few years!!"

They agreed.

Now, the tops of the bed rails are getting dull (the sure sign that peeling
is around the corner).......I guess I will have to make my case again. May
not have as much success, as mine has 104k now...

Although I will still asert that this is a factory flaw.....

At 09:14 AM 7/5/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I have metallic gray code PS7 (KS7) I cant even find touch-up paint in that
>color. The guy who previously owned my Dak used the paint warranty already.
>He had the hood and the top of the cab done. Its only peeling on the
>bed...for now. What do you think about Maaco paint jobs? Thats all I can
>afford right now.

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!