Re: Re: DML Digest V3 #971: Check engine light comes on.

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 15:52:38 EDT

<< Step 2-Called my dealer. I could make an appointment for late August.
They
 suggested I ensure my gas cap was tight! After this great advice, I knew I
 should consult the group here at DML. >>

Sounds like our glorious Dodge dealer!! Mike, could be a bad wire in the
system and the computer is picking up on it. Or you could have a computer
glich that hasnt effected you smooth running motor yet. My advice would be to
disconnect your neg. battery cable for about 45 min and let your computer
reset. That might end the prob, and if it doesnt keep that appointment in
August with your dealer. You know you can go to any Dodge dealer around you,
it doesnt have to be the one you bought your truck through.
Eric