How "try" to get bumper fixed under warranty?

From: tree2@erols.com
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 22:41:43 EDT

I have a problem with my dakota's bumper (truck is about 8 months old):
 small rust spots (tiny craters)--maybe about 10 of them. Although small rocks might have
hit it, seems unlikely since nothing else on the front of the truck has any marks
except the bumper. (Bumper is black, not chrome).
I think this is a defect, and I'm wondering how to go about trying to get this fixed. Who do i approach
first: the "sales" section or the "service" section (i assume the dealership
only has those 2 sections).
Any other advice appreciated.