Re: Brians Driveshaft, R/T guys help??

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jul 06 1998 - 21:56:49 EDT

OK -

I just went out and measuredthe shaft on my R/T Club Cab and I have
approximately 68.5 inches from center of u-joint cap to center of u-joint
cap . Now keep in mind that I did this with only a flash light and this is
NOT exact . Now the R/T might be shorter due to the Bigger rear - end
(9.25) . Maybe it is beefier so it sticks forward further in the pinion .

Anyway , that's what I got .

At 09:10 PM 7/6/98 EDT, you wrote:

><< The 'shaft is about 69.25" long. I could be off by a little though, so
> somewhere in between 69 and 70 inches should work. Oh yeah, that
> measurement is center of the transmission u-joint to the center of the rear
> end u-joint. Thanks for the help.
>
> Brian >>
>Brian, I measured an R/T at work today and there was a show going on so I
was
>in a hurry!! I measured it at 68.25. Thats an inch short of what you have,
>but I was in a hurry and may have measured wrong. R/T guys, can we get a
>little help????
>Eric

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com