Re: Tires for 97 4x2

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Tue Jul 07 1998 - 14:31:46 EDT

I have a 1997 Dakota Sport CC 4x2 with the stock 215/75/15 tires and
aluminum rims.
I would like to install larger tires on the stock rims (the stock Good
Years look doorky).
Does anyone out there have any suggestions?
I'm thinking a wider tire but not much taller (so the speedometer isn't
thrown off to far).
Although I don't want a tire that is so wide it rubs the front end.

     If ya just wanna go slightly wider I'd go with a 235/70. Just barely
taller and should look good on the 7" rim. You can fit a 275/60 (what I
have on the rear of my '97...wound't look good up front on the 7" wheel)
but you need to play with the pressure to keep it from prematurely wearing
in the center of the tread.

****** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 ******

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net