Re: engine swap/supercharger

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 07 1998 - 17:15:21 EDT

<<
 I think the roller cam has got a .513" lift 292 duration and the comp
 ratio is around 9.0:1 the valves are 1.925 intake and 1.625 exhaust.
 Soooo, it seems the cam is the key for modifying the stock 360 magnum. I
 think the big limiting factor is getting a computer that will play with the
 other goodies. fuel injection requires controls engineering, mech
 engineering and software engineering, all kind of expensive these days
 (thank the fates) so thats why I say Carb=owner control, Fi=factory control
 (at least for the first few years of production). If there are some
 injectors out there that cna keep up with the cam etc. like the mopar super
 60s? then maybe FI is AOK...Hmmmm any of the 4 cylinder shelby stuff match
 up with the V8 reqts?? 2X4=8..

GUYS!! Anyone know what the stock cam ratios are? I work with a guy that is
a motor guru, he suggest instead of buying these super 60 injectors to just
have ours balanced. Hes getting me a phone number to a shop here that does
them. He said its about 30 bucks a piece to have them all balanced and
matched to 1% from each other. so 30X8= 240! A hell of a lot cheaper than
buying "blueprinted" injectors for the same performance mod and they are
guarenteed!!!!
Eric