Re: engine swap/supercharger

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 07 1998 - 17:46:18 EDT

<< Oh yeah, I forgot to ask this earlier - I have a MP computer on the truck
 now - is it compatible with 5.9, or should I take the computer out of the
 truck the motor comes from? Is it possible to do the motor swap, get a
 driveshaft made, and the rearend changed for $1000? I'm not sure which
 rear I'd use yet. If I can afford this whole thing and get it done soon, I
 can go to the 'Nats with a 5.9 Dak.

Brian, Im using the MP 5.2 computer with my 5.9 right now cause I cant afford
the 5.9 comp. Everything works great, but not up to potential obviously! You
can get the comp off of the vehicle you get it out of, but it may or may not
be the same prong adapter as your Dak. Motor, driveshaft and rearend for
1000? HMM if you know someone that will do them for cheep!! I honestly think
that buying your Driveshaft
(R/T ?) and your gear and installing them will run you close to a grand! Do
you plan to install them yourself along with the motor? If so then you might
be able to squeeze it all in for close to that grand!
Eric