Re: engine swap/supercharger

From: Brian (leefam@wcc.wcc.net)
Date: Tue Jul 07 1998 - 19:13:29 EDT

At 05:46 PM 7/7/98 EDT, you wrote:

><< Oh yeah, I forgot to ask this earlier - I have a MP computer on the truck
> now - is it compatible with 5.9, or should I take the computer out of the
> truck the motor comes from? Is it possible to do the motor swap, get a
> driveshaft made, and the rearend changed for $1000? I'm not sure which
> rear I'd use yet. If I can afford this whole thing and get it done soon, I
> can go to the 'Nats with a 5.9 Dak.
> >>
>Brian, Im using the MP 5.2 computer with my 5.9 right now cause I cant afford
>the 5.9 comp. Everything works great, but not up to potential obviously!
You
>can get the comp off of the vehicle you get it out of, but it may or may not
>be the same prong adapter as your Dak. Motor, driveshaft and rearend for
>1000? HMM if you know someone that will do them for cheep!! I honestly
think
>that buying your Driveshaft
>(R/T ?) and your gear and installing them will run you close to a grand! Do
>you plan to install them yourself along with the motor? If so then you might
>be able to squeeze it all in for close to that grand!
>Eric

Dodge stuff is cheap where I live, everyone down here drives Chevys. The
motor looks to be around $500 for one with 18000 miles. Any Dodge rear is
cheap, like less than $100 for one off a newer Ram!! The MP driveshaft is
$200, then $80 to be resized at a local diesel truck place, I think. I am
not sure how much a R/T shaft is new, though. As far as the rear is
concerned, I'm not sure which one I would put under there, but it shouldn't
cost that much.

Brian