Re: more stupid questions

From: Brian (leefam@wcc.wcc.net)
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 00:58:54 EDT

At 11:58 PM 7/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>all right guys here is some more dumb questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
>
>#1 I am currently running a 3" cat back set up with a hooker max flow
>muffler with a dodge diesel tail pipe ( looks good and sounds great )
>would I get any more low end power If I went to a 3" inlet flowmaster
>with dual 2.5 outlets ??? This truck will barley turn the tires.

        Barely turn the tires??!!! My truck (93 CC)has less mods than that (I
have a 3.55 Sure-Grip), and smokes 'em from a dead stop!(or used to, as I
am the one with a broken driveshaft) Maybe something else is wrong. I
have stock exhaust. The cat-back should help spin the tires, not hurt it.

>#2 has anyone experienced a stumble and hesitation at around 4700 rpm
>and then start to pull to about 51-5300??? this truck has done this from
>day one.

        Mine used to hesitate from 1800 until 2400 rpm. Now with MP computer,
less stumble, and pulls like a banshee from 2500 until 5400 rpm.

>#3 has any one used or seen the cheap headers for our trucks that Summit
>is selling and are the Eldelbrock headers shorties or try-y type and
>what other pieces come with them crossover pipe etc.

        Cheap headers - BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - never seen them before. Gibson
makes shorties - no crossover (Price - ???), Doug Thorleys are tri-y
w/crossover (Price - I've seen $500, could be less at different places). I
don't know anything about Eldebrock headers. MP headers- similar or
exactly same as Thorleys - $450 or so.

btw - I wouldn't complain if I could whoop up on a '98 'Stang GT. J/K!!

None of this probably helps, but I thought I would blab for awhile.

Brian