Re: more stupid questions

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 01:37:08 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Heckathorn <victorylane@iwaynet.net>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Tuesday, July 07, 1998 9:23 PM
Subject: DML: more stupid questions

*snip*
>#2 has anyone experienced a stumble and hesitation at around 4700 rpm
>and then start to pull to about 51-5300??? this truck has done this from
>day one.
*snip*
>with 2500 miles on it

2500 miles on it, and you're pushing 5000+ rpm.. C'mon.. You are asking
for trouble. My '95 has no problem with 5200 rpm runs, but then again, I
didn't push it above 4 grand until after 7500 miles of varied rpm/mph...

Don't be too surprise when you need a rebuild around 50k miles... Not to
say the stumble or hesitation is break in related, but you may be getting a
bit of valve float, as the engine is still very tight.

I did a very lengthy break in on my 5.2, and now after 91000 miles I burn
ZERO quarts of oil (over 5000 miles), and have had zero engine related
problems, and turn in a respectable 15.2, 92 mph. This is with a Club Cab
if that matters to anyone. The 15.2 and 92 mph are my new best times as
of June... Better conditions, 1/8th tank of gas, made quite a difference...
Not to mention I had some good coaching on launch technique.

Sam '95 SLT
15.2, 92 mph...
Truck weight approx 4500# with me in it. :)