Re: RE: Lakewood traction bars

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 22:44:48 EDT

In a message dated 7/8/98 8:05:47 PM Central Daylight Time, N2mopars@aol.com
writes:

<< Ideally, the snubber should contact right under the front spring eye.
 Anywhere behind it and you risk the chance of bending leaf springs. I am
 eventually gonna modify the uninstalled set I have, make them attach like
 South Side Machine bars. They bolt to the U-bolts, extend forward as far as
 possible, and clamp to the leaf springs right behind the spring eye. The
 supposedly work real good on Mustang and leaf spring Chevies.

bolted mine so the rear bracket is almost touching the back end of the axle
bracket. I'm not happy with the angle, so I am going to drop the rear bracket
down about 1/2" to reangle the front. Idealy the traction bars should be
parrallel with the ground, and the snubber should be about 1/2" from the
spring. Tried to get the snubber as close to the leaf eye as I could. It hits
the top leaf just in front of where the second leaf starts.
George