Re: Re: my swap?

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 09 1998 - 05:33:24 EDT

<< Now we all know the motor mounts for the 5.2/5.9 swap will be the same, but
 am going to skip the middle part and do a swap from 3.9 to 5.9,which will be
 quite a step. Question of the day then, how about the mounts for my V6? I'll
 have to rebuild the entire engine bay? >>
No, you wont have to rebuild the engine bay. They are the same size as the
V8!
And the motor mounts are the same too, notice the size of your fan shroud.
That huge shroud is because your motor seems to be sitting farther back in the
bay, although its not. Your V6 is a V8 with the front two cylinders chopped
off.
Dont take my word for it though, (disclaimer!!) call Mopar Performance Tech
line, they would know. Big step? Hell yeah!! But not a big problem!!
Eric
p.s. your sixer tranny will even bolt up to the eighter from what I heard.
But can it hang with the new torque???????