Re: Magnum MPI Single Plane Intake Manifold

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Thu Jul 09 1998 - 13:56:17 EDT

W . Jack Hilton III wrote:

> If you aren't changing the whole motor and the numbers are still good with
> the sniffer , the manifold should be OK , shouldn't it ?
>
> At 08:52 PM 7/8/98 EDT, you wrote:
> >In a message dated 98-07-08 10:44:40 EDT, you write:
> >
> ><< Brad,
> > Do they look that different? I suppose since Ive gotn an R/T I could say it
> > was stock??? >
> >
> >Big difference!!!!
> >
> >Brad
> >
> W . Jack Hilton III
>
> HEMI@mindspring.com

In Calif. we have a visual that you have to get by before they even plug
in the sniffer. I had an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on my
Typhoon and got spanked for that on one inspection. Next time around I
went to a Monkey Wards Auto Center and the Asian guy didn't even blink
on it. Matter of fact, I had taken a new stock regulator to have him
swap out the adjustable before the inspection and he looked at me like
"what's that for?".

Certainly the IQ of the inspector has a role in what's going to fly and
what's not. At least here in CA.

Bob