Re: Magnum MPI Single Plane Intake Manifold

From: Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Thu Jul 09 1998 - 14:32:01 EDT

>In Calif. we have a visual that you have to get by before they even plug
>in the sniffer. I had an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on my
>Typhoon and got spanked for that on one inspection. Next time around I
>went to a Monkey Wards Auto Center and the Asian guy didn't even blink
>on it. Matter of fact, I had taken a new stock regulator to have him
>swap out the adjustable before the inspection and he looked at me like
>"what's that for?".
>
>Certainly the IQ of the inspector has a role in what's going to fly and
>what's not. At least here in CA.
>
>Bob

That must suck. Here in West Texas, if it runs, lights work, and the horn
beeps, you're in!! Sometimes they don't even care about the horn working.
There's no sniffer test or anything. I am sure if you built a Hemi Dak,
the people that work there (90 percent teenagers) would give you an
inspection sticker, and you're on your way. All they do is take the car
out for a 5 minute drive to make sure all your it goes, stops, and blinkers
work. Couldn't be better here! Hehe...

Brian