CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY R/T BACK !!

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jul 09 1998 - 15:43:37 EDT

Well , I just got off the phone with my good buddy Doug at the Dodge
dealership where my truck is being serviced .

Replaced the stereo because it was somehow getting condensation from the
vents that run over it inside of it . I took a CD out of it the other day
and it was wet .

Had em check the pass.side window motor cuz they didn't go up and down at
EXACTLY the same time (yes , I was being picky , but I just sentenced
myself to a 5 year sentence of poverty for this thing) . They replaced that
too .

Had the a/c checked , they said it was cooling to 38 degrees , I guess it's
just the black color .

Had the alignment corrected . After chatting with a few other R/T owners ,
I have seen a pattern emerging that many of them are delivered to the
dealer way out of alignment .

I told my man Doug about all the little scuffs from that crappy factory
bedliner (for sale :) ) and he is gonna have those taken care of this
monday .

And finally the TSB for the popping noise .

Yes , it does address the rear cab bushings , but since he said this is
only the second such instance their dealer has seen , he didn't have them
in stock . He ordered them and assured me that he would have those by
Monday as well . I told him to go ahead and keep the truck and fix it all
since I had this fine engineering marvel known to the rest of the world as
a Ford Ranger , but known only to me as "Piece o'Shit" .

I think I shall take great joy in taking P.O.S offroading and mud bogging
this weekend (remember , it's a 2WD 4-cylinder extended cab) . Maybe if I'm
lucky , a shivvy will take a big dump on it .