re:alignment

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Thu Jul 09 1998 - 14:56:13 EDT

>Had the alignment corrected . After chatting with a few other R/T owners ,
>I have seen a pattern emerging that many of them are delivered to the
>dealer way out of alignment .

Don't know how CC does the front end alignments on the assembly line, but
I am sure it is VERY close to the way GM does theirs. The process is
called 'bump and go' at the factory. The guys who do the alignments are
pretty good, but all they really do is eyeball the toe-in and tighten
everything down. I have personally seen it done. I HIGHLY recommend you
get the alignment checked on ANY new vehicle, especially a GM, but
probably also on a CC product.

Gene Beaird
98 Flame Red CC R/T
95 DGGM Impala SS