Re: Re: The Vortech is ON!!!!

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 00:57:34 EDT

<< It sounds like the Crane Boost dial thingy isn't working. Your truck will
 still run but the timing will not be dialed back under full throttle I
 suspect. You will probably get detonation. Check to see if it is hooked
 up correctly first.

 Dan >>

Okay, here's the deal...

The light comes on when the blower puts out boost (found this out as I got
more and more brave throughout the night..)

I put a 180 degree thermo in (which was supposed to be 160,, stupid me for
trusting the auto parts guy) and a can of octane booster .. I figure with only
5 psi (stock pulley, isn't it..??) I can't get in TOO much trouble.. well, it
didn't.. but I didnt push my luck, only shifted at 4500 in 2nd and all I can
say is.. wow, whatever boost came on came on strong as hell, and this was with
the boost retard at 4 degrees/lb.

should provide to be interesting once I get it @ 8psi and dialed in... WITH
the gauges... maybe after that I'll fab up a water/air aftercooler and give it
alittle more boost, this, of course, after I get a car .. :)

ttyl
patrick