Re: Re: The Vortech is ON!!!!

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 01:06:48 EDT

<< Patrick,

 What did you do for the fuel rail modification? Was there any problem
 hooking the S/C up? What year is your truck 96 or 97? I want some
 feedback from you before I install mine.

First, I have a Ram, but it's a 97. The fuel rails should be the same, but I'm
not positive...

my fuel system had a male fitting, which fit into a little box with a clip (I
lost one of those O-rings, which made for fun watching fuel spray everywhere
like old faithful) ... NOT what Vortech wanted.... I did find however, that
the fittings the Vortech system used were at the OTHER end of the fuel line...
and it just so happens Vortech gave me just enough hose :) so instead of
taking it off the rail end, take it off the other end..

<< Doesn't it sound weird when idleing? But when you put your foot into it it
will sound great. Good luck to you and I hope to hear from you soon. >>

Well, it lopes along with my cam.. and when it's in gear, with the cam, it's
really a load.. you can hear the motor drop down to ~500 rpm sometimes....
alittle too slow...

under WOT is ear splitting... I've never heard such insanity before out of
dual 2.5" exhaust.

ttyl
patrick