V10 Dak Was: Headers for 98 RT

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 11 1998 - 16:41:41 EDT

At 08:22 PM 7/10/98 -0400, you wrote:

><<
> Yep, its been done. :-) I got some email a short time ago from a guy
> who put a V10 from a Ram in his '92 Dak. I invited him to join the list,
> and he said he would, but I haven't seen any posts from him yet. From
> what he told me, the install wasn't exactly a bolt-in. :-)
>

> -Jon-
> >>
>Jon, Id like to see that. Considering the fact that the 10 is about 6 inches
>longer!! He'd either have to cut the fire wall or extend the grill. And he
>also would have to fab up new mounts for the new trans he would have to put
>in, and that Dak rearend wouldnt be able to handle the torque!! Im not sure
>the T300 10 is the way to go though. Its totally different compaired to the
>Viper 10. Almost had my hands on the VIper 10 about a year ago and I blew it.
>The window is still open though.
>Eric

Here's his original e-mail:

--------------------------------------
From: DAdams7434@aol.com
:

        ::
:
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 23:09:32 EDT
To: stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu
:
Subject: dakota v-10 conversion
:
:
:

yes it has been done, i bought a 96 ram totalled, and used it as a donor truck
to conv ert my 92 dakota, and it was fairly intensive, all computer, running
gear and periphrials, after a re-alignment of tranny-rearend, to eliminate a
start out vibration, this truck will launch, but not much difference in high
end response with rearend set up over a v-8, e-mail for information on special
mods